Congrats! You’ve been selected to start receiving our brand new and improved air filter. This new filter provides better filtration performance while simultaneously making filter changes even easier. Plus, we’ve reduced our packaging so you can enjoy our convenient service without the excessive, wasteful packaging.
- Why did you change to this new filter?
- The filter looks really different. Will it perform as well as a regular filter?
- Will this put any more strain on my system than previous filters I've received?
- This looks thinner than my standard 1” filter. Will this make noise when my HVAC system turns on and off? Will it rattle?
- How often do I need to change this new filter?
- Are the new filters recyclable?
- Which way do I put it in the vent? Where’s the arrow?
- Does this filter cost more?
- What is this filter made out of?
- If I’m not ready to replace my filter yet, but already opened it, can I fold it back up?
- How will this filter ship?
- What are the benefits of this filter over standard ones?
- How should I dispose of this filter?
- My friend/sibling/neighbor wants one of these! How do I get them signed up for this filter?
- Is this product more environmentally friendly?
1. Why did you change to this new filter?
- Air filters were past overdue for an upgrade. This is the first time the residential air filter has been redesigned in 30 years! Why settle? Here at Second Nature we’re always looking to improve and innovate to provide the best product for our customers.
2. This filter looks really different. Will it perform as well as a regular filter?
- 97% more of the smallest particles, the ones most likely to get the furthest into your respiratory system, such as bacteria
- 38% more medium-sized particles such as mold spores
- 16% more of the largest size measured was captured, such as pollen
*when compared in a laboratory setting to a leading manufacturer
3. Will this put any more strain on my system than previous filters I've received?
- Nope! Tests show that our new filter sees 10% less resistance to air flow (also known as pressure drop) compared to our previous filters and other leading brands. Meaning, this filter is more efficient and better for your system!
4. This looks thinner than my standard 1” filter. Will this make noise when my HVAC system turns on and off? Will it rattle?
- Our new filter, with its cloth-covered frame, will generally be quieter than a regular filter with a hard cardboard frame.
5. How often do I need to change this new filter?
- Just like our regular filters, this one should last for 90 days, though environmental factors and personal preferences play a part. If you live in a climate that has you running your HVAC most or all of the time, it’s a good idea to change more often.
6. Are the new filters recyclable?
- The filter and the strong plastic bag it comes in are not recyclable, but we are researching ways to make this product more sustainable.
- Please recycle the cardboard box.
7. Which way do I put it in the vent? Where’s the arrow?
- Our redesigned filter can be installed facing either way! New technology allows efficient airflow in either direction.
8. Does this filter cost more?
- Nope! Innovation at no cost to you. Your price remains the same!
9. What is this filter made out of?
- Our new filter is a polyester fabric blend, much like conventional filters. The fabric is supported by strips of spring-tempered steel in thin sleeves of polyvinyl (the stuff that, say, a squeezable salad dressing bottle would be made of).
10. If I’m not ready to replace my filter yet, but already opened it, can I fold it back up?
- Sure. It’s a bit like pushing the joke snake back into the tennis ball can, but if you’re careful and use the original box, it should be fine.
11. How will this filter ship?
12. What are the benefits of this filter over standard ones?
- This filter captures more particles while also improving airflow.
- The frame is stronger, more durable thanks to our unique Flex-Lock frame.
- A cloth-like frame allows a tighter seal in your intake vent, preventing air from sneaking around the sides of the filter. This provides better air filtration and reduces or eliminates whistling noise.
- Less packaging = less excessive waste
13. How should I dispose of this filter?
- Simply discard it, the same way you’ve disposed of your previous filters. Please do not attempt to fold a used filter, as it may pop back open and throw debris in the air—YUCK!
- The bag should be thrown away.
- The cardboard box can be recycled.
14. My friend/sibling/neighbor wants one of these! How do I get them signed up for this filter?
- For now, you have exclusive access to this new product. We’ll be rolling it out to other customers gradually.
15. Is this product more environmentally friendly?
- By folding the filter into a more compact size, we are able to greatly reduce our packaging materials. We're proud to say we've reduced our cardboard packaging by 68%.