Spend the last week of the year enjoying the holiday spirit.
They say all good things must come to an end, if only to make way for new good things. This year’s Holiday Season will soon be behind us, but the good news is that it isn’t over quite yet. There are still five days to indulge in the yuletide spirit. There are still five days before you have to get back into the swing of your daily routine. So before it’s time to enact resolutions and start all over again, spend the last days of 2018 indulging in the holiday spirit.
- Eat everything you want
- Surely there are some Christmas cookies still around. Now is the time to tear into them, and maybe that apple pie from Christmas dinner as well. You’ve got a week until you need to start your New Year’s health kick, and surely you don’t want that pie around when that starts.
- Watch sports
- NFL Division and playoff races are getting decided this week. College Football bowl season is well underway. You don’t get much time to just kick back and watch some football during the year, because of how busy your weekends have become. Take some time to relax and enjoy being a sports fan, if that’s something you consider yourself.
- Do nothing
- When was the last time you just did nothing. Probably not since high school. Why not just relax for an hour or so, or maybe sleep a little longer. You’ve got some time off work and no burning obligations for the first time in what feels like ages. Use that time to just take a break from the craziness and chill out.
- Be a spender
- Everybody is either a saver or a spender, meaning you prefer to put away the money you make or you think it’s burning a hole in your pocket. If you happen to be a saver, or a spender who knows they shouldn’t, here’s your week to have at it. There’s plenty of after-Christmas clearance deals for the shopping aficionados among us, so if that’s your thing, then go to town for the last week of the year.
- Enjoy family
- The Holidays are about family, so spend some time reconnecting with those you haven’t seen in a while. Have some fun with your family that’s in town, or go on an after-Christmas trip to see those who are not.
Christmas might have passed, but the holiday spirit is still alive and well until January begins. Stay jolly and indulge in the fun and good times before it’s time to return to the daily grind.