Types of Information Collected
In general, we collect information in three ways: (1) passively through technology such as “cookies”, (2) when you provide it directly such as by filling in information in forms available on the Site, and (3) when we obtain verification information about you through trusted third parties (e.g. banks). The types of information that we collect and use will depend on whether you are a Visitor or User.
- Traffic Data Collected. We may track and collect the following information when you visit our Site, including your: (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of computer; and (iv) type of web browser (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for improving your experience on the Site. We may use “cookies,” which are small data files that may be stored on your computer by the Site, to improve your experience on the Site. We may also use web beacons (clear GIFs) to track online usage of the Site, which information is anonymous and does not contain any personal identification information.
- Personal Information Collected. We may collect your email address via cookies and pixels on the Site through the use of trusted third party partners. These partners may combine your email information with other information they have access to such as mailing address so that we may serve relevant marketing offers to you via direct mail. If you do not want us to collect information about you, please contact us to opt out. In order for you to access certain services that we offer via the Site or when placing orders or dealing with us through telephone or other communication methods, we require you to provide us with information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include: (i) contact data (such as your name, mailing and e-mail addresses) (“Contact Data”); and (ii) payment information (such as your credit card or debit card number). If you communicate with us by e-mail, complete online registration forms, surveys or other forms, or post to comment sections or forums, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
- Demographic Data. Personal Information you provide may be aggregated with that of other Site users to provide non-personally identifiable data on the demographic characteristics of Site users (“Demographic Data”).
Uses of Personal Information Collected
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to present the Site and its contents to you, to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, and to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information. If you purchase products or services, we may transmit your Personal Information to payment processors. We may also use your Personal Information to notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it and to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection. We may also use the information that you provide in any other way that we describe when you provide the information and for any other purpose with your consent.
Additionally, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with promotional information about our own products and services, and we may also use your information for our internal tracking purposes to the extent described below. Currently, we do not permit third parties to use any of your information for advertising, marketing or tracking purposes.
Disclosures of Your Information
We do not sell or rent your information to marketers or third parties.
We may share your Personal Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, and with trusted contractors, service providers and other third parties who need to know such information to provide services that we request to support our operation of our Site. Such third parties include, but are not limited to, shipping companies, financial institutions, payment processors, as well as any third parties that you have directly authorized to receive your Personal Information. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand the behavior of our customers to provide a Site experience that better suits your interests and preferences.
We may disclose your information to law enforcement or other similar authorities, in connection with a criminal investigation, investigation of fraud, infringement of intellectual property rights, or other activity that is suspected to be illegal or may expose you or us to legal liability. We may also disclose your Personal Information to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements and to respond to any government or regulatory request or audit and to enforce or apply our Terms of Service, including for billing and collection purposes, or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose Personal Information to a buyer or other successor to our business in the event of a sale of equity or assets, reorganization, merger or a similar corporate transaction and any due diligence review with respect to any such proposed transaction.
We may also disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose disclosed when the information is provided and for any other purpose with your consent.
Use and Disclosure of Aggregated Data and Traffic Data
We may convert or combine some Personal Information of users into de-identified or aggregated data that does not disclose any of the Personal Information of any individual user. We may use and disclose any such de-identified or aggregated data without restriction.
Some of the information that we collect from cookies, web beacons or other embedded code relates to your personal use of the Site and allows us to store information about your preferences, speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to our Site. Other information that we collect from cookies, web beacons or other embedded code is not tied to your Personal Information and enables us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns. This traffic data may be shared with third parties without restriction.
We do not currently collect Personal Information about your online activities over time across third-party sites for tracking purposes, but we do track information about your use of our Site over time so that we may better target our own marketing and promotional materials to your interests and preferences. We do not currently allow third parties to collect Personal Information on the Platform that could be used by them to analyze and store information about your online activities over time and across third-party sites for tracking purposes. The Site is not currently configured to respond to any “DO NOT TRACK” signals sent by your web browser or mobile device.
Social Media Sites and Widgets
You may be able to use social media widgets such as the Facebook Like button on the Site. These widgets will collect your IP address and identify which page you are visiting on the Site and make your preference information available to third parties. The information collected by such widgets is controlled by third-party privacy policies.
User Choice Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Personal Information and Traffic Data
Removing or Changing Personal Information.
You may remove or modify any Personal Information submitted to us or suspend your account through the Site by logging into your online account and modifying your Personal Information or suspending your account.
Third Party Content, Links and Your Privacy
Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact us by email and include your name and the address to which you would like us to respond and that this is a request pursuant to the User’s California Privacy Rights. Please note, however, that we do not currently disclose any Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Consent to Transfer Information to the United States
We do not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information from online visitors under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly allow visitors under the age of 13 to purchase any of our Products or participate in any of our services. If you are under 13 of age, do not use or provide any information on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under age 13, please Contact Us.
Email Communications and Text Messaging
Please refer to our Terms of Service (available online at https://www.secondnature.com/terms-of-service) for more information on opt-out and other information with respect to email communications and text message alerts.
Please consult our Security Policy (available online at https://www.secondnature.com/security-policy) for a description of measures we use to protect your Personal Information.
- By e-mail at email@example.com
- Online on our Contact Us page
- By telephone at 1-800-308-1186
- By mail at 333 Fayetteville Street, Suite 600, Raleigh, NC 27601
Last Modified: August 19, 2019